Doncasters Group (“Doncasters” or “we/us/our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the personal information you provide and share with us. This Notice describes how Doncasters collects and processes the personal information you have provided us with when you use this website (“site”).
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time by updating this page. You should revisit this page from time to time to re-read this Privacy Notice and ensure you are happy with any changes. This Privacy Notice is effective from 7th June 2021.
Other privacy terms may apply where you access other services through the site. You should read any other applicable privacy policies carefully before accessing and using such other services.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT:
Doncasters Limited is the “Data Controller” and is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”) and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (collectively referred to as “Data Legislation”).
Doncasters has appointed a “Group Data Protection Officer” to oversee and manage the protection of personal information across Doncasters. The Group Data Protection Officer can be contacted at GDPRInquiry@doncasters.com.
In general, you can use this site without giving us any personal information. However, on occasion we may collect and process your personal information by obtaining your ‘Consent’ and positive ‘Opt-in’, allowing for the collection and processing (which includes but is not limited to) of the following personal information:
- Your name and contact information (including e-mail address and ISP address) and any other contact details you provide to us when you register with Doncasters on the site or complete an online enquiry form;
- The reason for your contact, for example – an enquiry or to provide a comment;
- Information you provide if you report a problem with our site;
- Records of any correspondence when you contact us; and
- Details of how you access and navigate our site.
We will not collect or processes any ‘Special Categories’ of personal data (as defined in the Data Legislation) i.e. ‘Sensitive’ personal data relating to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
We shall use your personal information to provide you with a better service, and in particular (but not limited to) for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- To improve our products and services;
- To improve and personalise your experience when you visit the site;
- For the operation, administration, development and enhancement of the site and to ensure that the content of the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To contact you regarding any specific request or enquiry you make;
- Statistical analysis; and
- To carry out direct or e-mail marketing.
WHO DO WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH:
Your personal information will be used for the above purposes by relevant trained staff at Doncasters and by those who support them in their roles. It will also be made available to companies within our group of companies, and to those selected third party service providers whom we engage to help us run our business. This may include (but is not limited to):
- Service providers and subcontractors retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, such as:
- Marketing and advertising;
- Software development;
- Website hosting and management;
- Information technology; and
- Office services which includes:
- Audit; and
- Other Professional Service providers; and
- Other services related to our business.
Your personal information is provided to selected third party service providers on the strict basis that they do not collect, use or disclose the personal information for any reason whatsoever, other than to perform their services in accordance with the contractual arrangement on our behalf or as otherwise required by law.
Your personal information may also be shared within our group of companies for other limited purposes e.g. to the extent needed for proper management analysis and decision making.
Doncasters may also disclose your personal information:
- In response to a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise its legal rights; to defend legal claims; or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations;
- When Doncasters believes that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Doncasters, its customers, staff, suppliers or others; and
- To prospective or actual buyers in the event that Doncasters sells any of its business or asset.
Other than as set out above, we will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties unless we have your expressed permission and Consent to do so or are otherwise required or permitted to do so by law.
WHERE IS YOUR DATA:
Any personal information that you may have provided or shared with us via the site, is held and processed in the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area.
However, some of the Doncasters group companies and third-party service providers are located outside the United Kingdom and European Economic Area, in countries which do not have or provide the same level of protection as the United Kingdom and European Economic Area. As such, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information transferred outside of the United Kingdom and European Economic Area, will continue be afforded the level of protection (if not higher) required under Data Legislation.
DIRECT MARKETING AND YOUR PREFERENCES:
Doncasters may wish to provide you with information about new products, services, promotions and offers, which may be of interest to you and your organisation and we may invite you to take part in market research or request feedback on our products and services. This communication may occur by email, online or by post. Prior to any direct marketing engagement or market research activities, we will obtain your expressed Opt-In and Consent as required under the Data Legislation.
Doncasters will ensure that any direct marketing engagement or market research activities that you receive or are contacted about, will provide a simple means for you to refuse and reject any further marketing. For example, in emails it may provide you with an ‘unsubscribe’ link, or an email address to which you can send an ‘Opt-Out’ request.
Doncasters will stop any marketing to which you object, refuse or reject or in respect of which you withdraw your consent within a reasonable period, in order to allow sufficient time for the change to be administered.
In such cases Doncasters will remove all your private personal information (if applicable) and any commercial information from its database(s), respecting your changed direct marketing preferences.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER APPLICABLE DATA LEGISLATIONS:
Under the Data Legislation, you have certain rights in relation to the way we collect, hold, handle, store, retain and process your private personal information. You can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘Subject Access Request’ under the Data Legislation, free of charge and can obtain a copy of the personal information we hold and process about you.
You also have other rights in relation to your personal information which you can enforce by a Subject Access Request. Details of which can be found on the UK Information Commissioners Office website.
Should you wish to make a request to exercise your rights, then please contact us at GDPRInquiry@doncasters.com or write to our Group Data Protection Officer at Forge Lane, Killamarsh, Sheffield S21 1BA.
SECURITY AND STORAGE:
We take reasonable measures to ensure that the personal information provided or disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date at all times and kept/retained and stored only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information was collected.
Please note, communications over the internet such as e-mails and web-sites are not secure unless they have been encrypted, thus while we strive to protect such personal information we collect and process, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information transmitted to us by you. You therefore accept the inherent security implications of dealing online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless such breach has been caused by the specific acts of Doncasters, its affiliates or its agents.
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal information has been collected and processed, then you may in the first instance contact the Group Data Protection Officer using the contact details above.
If you still remain dissatisfied then you have the right to apply directly to the UK Information Commissioner Office for a decision.
The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane,
SK9 5AF, England, UK
In order to personalise and improve the quality of our site and services as well as to build up information about visitors to our site, we may from time to time use what is known as a “cookie”. A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier that resides on your hard drive or browser and which enables us to recognise that you have visited the site before, to facilitate your access to the site and to tailor your experience of the site. Please note that the web sites to which this site may be linked may also make use of their own cookies.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies. You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions or review the cookie management guide produced by the Interactive Advertising Bureau – www.allaboutcookies.org.) If you do so, some of the features and services of the site may not function properly. Your continued use of the site will be treated as consent to the use of these cookies for the purposes described.
The cookies used on our site are categorised in accordance with the International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom Cookie Guide as follows:
– Cookies which are “Necessary” cookies that ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
– “Performance” cookies which collect information about how users navigate the site, for example, which pages users access most frequently. They identify how users interact with our site, any errors that occur, which pages are not used often, which pages take a long time to load, which pages users tend to visit and in what order. These cookies do not collect any information which could identify you and are only used to help us improve how our site works and understand what interests our site’s users.
– “Analytics” cookies used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Our site currently uses the following cookies:
|Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie is used to record the user consent for any cookies in the “Advertisement” category .
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for any cookies in the category “Analytics”.
|The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category “Functional”.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Necessary”.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for any cookies in the category “Others.”
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Performance”.
|This cookie is installed by Google Analytics to limit the collection of data on high traffic sites.
|This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website to helps in create an analytics report. The data collected includes the number of visitors, the source they have come from and the pages visited in a way that is anonymous.
|This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site’s use for an analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.