ROSS & CATHERALL
Ross & Catherall Ltd, located near Sheffield in the UK, is a world leader in the manufacture and supply of vacuum and air melted ferrous, nickel and cobalt base alloy and superalloy barstock to the investment casting industry.
The company has been producing barstock since the late 1960s and has maintained its position as Europe’s leading barstock manufacturer through growth and continuous investment, with an enviable international reputation for high quality and dependability.
Ross & Catherall’s alloys can be found across a wide range of performance critical applications as diverse as turbine blades, nozzle guide vanes and other components for aero engines, large land-based gas turbines, hot-end turbocharger wheels, medical implants, and other special components requiring high metallurgical integrity, with approvals held from most of the world’s leading OEMs in these fields.
The Company provides a wide range of value-added services, including a dedicated “in-house” revert processing cell that enables customers to recycle their revert, ensuring product quality is maintained through a “closed loop” network maintaining a truly sustainable Circular Economy within their process, whilst reducing their Carbon Footprint.
A circular economy of production and consumption
Sustainability is possible using your in-house revert
- Cobalt, Nickel and Iron based superalloys
- Alloys for Directionally Solidified (DS) and Single Crystal (SX) applications
- Superalloys for Powder Additive Manufacturing
- Barstock diameters: from 50mm – 175mm
- All products are supplied either shot blast or fully ground. Cut to weight service is also offered.
- Vacuum Induction Melting (VIM): 500kg to 7200kg (1100lbs to 16000lbs)
- Air melt up to 3000kg (6600lbs)
|Furnace Capacities kgs (lbs) ˜||Bar Diameters mm (inches)|
50 (1 31⁄32”), 50 (2”), 75 (3”), 88 (31⁄2 “),100 (4”),125 (5”), 150 (6”), 175 (7”)
|3 x 2800 (6200)|
|1 x 4000* (8800)|
|7200 ** (16000)|
˜ Furnace yields approx. +/- 10% of stated capacity, ** 3 x 7200, 3 x 6000 furnace bodies
* New furnace – commissioning Q2 2023
- ISO 45001
- AS9100 Rev D (includes ISO 9001)
- ISO17025 (UKAS)
- Safran Helicopters & Aero Engines
- GE Power & Aviation
- ITP Aero