At Doncasters people are at the heart of what we do. Discovering Talent is a key pillar of our HR and Business Strategy.
We have a commitment to our shareholders and to our fellow employees to find the best possible talent. At the same time, we believe that we have an obligation to you, the candidate, to ensure that you have an opportunity to show your capabilities to the full.
During the recruitment process we will provide you with as much information as possible, so that you can make an informed decision about whether Doncasters is an organisation where you can flourish.
To enable this, we use assessment processes as part of our recruitment methodology. Whilst this may sound daunting, it is designed to allow you to demonstrate your skills to the best of your ability.
During your Application
- Make sure you read the information carefully. The Job advert will give you clear ideas as to the type of skills and people we are looking for!
- Remember to include information that makes you stand out! Try not to assume we know everything about you or your previous employer.
- Try to provide specific examples of the people you’ve worked with and the projects and activities you’ve been involved in.
- If the application has any questions take time to make sure you understand each question before you write your answer. Think about the best example you have that answers the question and demonstrates your abilities.
- Think about how your skills and experience relate to the job. Don’t worry if you haven’t got specific technical skills, think about how you can demonstrate the same skills in different situations, which might be study, voluntary work or leisure activities.
- We will be looking for your evidence to be clear, comprehensive and to display our values.
- Please be aware that once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any changes.
- During the interview process don’t forget it is you we are interested in -remember to provide clear and structured answers.
- If you partake in any online assessments, remember to do a practice exercise first we want you to be fully prepared for the exercise.
- If you are unsure or require any additional information at anytime during the process please contact our talent acquisition team.
- Do your homework: You can find more about Doncasters and our values on this website, you could start by looking here.