We currently have an opportunity for a Purchasing Manager in our fast paced and growing facility in Newberry, South Carolina.
The Purchasing Manager will negotiate with vendors for the purchase of all materials, supplies, equipment and services used by the company at an optimal price and delivery. The Purchasing manager will be key in maintaining the raw materials for the production schedule and maintain inventory levels to support these requirements. This position will be purchasing and logistic department and part of the management team.
- Negotiates with vendors for goods and services, negotiating the best possible price and service agreement.
- Establish policies and ensure compliance.
- Works closely with the receiving department to ensure proper supplies arrived.
- Calculate raw material requirements generated from the forecasts and production schedule.
- Maintain inventory levels to support requirements.
- Review and approve invoices for compliance with related PO’s and budget.
- Conduct physical inventory count monthly.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Bachelor Degree, in a business related area, or
- Ten years’ experience in purchasing field and/or training with proven skills
- Seven years’ experience in a manufacturing purchasing environment.
- Three years’ experience as a purchasing coordinator lead, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Three years’ experience in inventory management preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong team work aptitude.
- Lean Purchasing Experience – Kaizen, Kanban, Six Sigma.
Interested parties should submit their CV and a covering letter to: Ivonne Laureano, HR Generalist, either in writing or via email to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org