Doncasters UK Forgings
Doncasters Blaenavon are looking for two Saw Production Operatives to join the Rings Forge Saw Shop on a three-shift rota. The key function of the Sawyer role is to ensure production schedules are achieved at all times in accordance to the planning schedules and business KPI’s. The successful candidates will be responsible and accountable for all aspects of the shift work load, ensuring daily KPI’s are achieved.
- To measure all billets to the correct dimensions as required by the Works order sawing instruction and to check first off for the correct Weights & Dimensions, taking corrective action as necessary.
- To identify & select the correct billets for use by working to the Works order sawing instruction.
- To ensure accurate marking/identification of the billets whilst using the Pryor Marking machine (Dot peen machine).
- Slinging and lifting billets to and from the machines.
- To fault find and resolve any issues on the machines where reasonably practical, and escalate where necessary.
- To set up and run all saws within the area by selecting the correct program (where necessary) and to create and modify programs to suit new product (Quantities & Sizes) as required.
- To check speeds & feeds versus Target (whilst paying attention to Band deflection).
- To manage orders, saw choice & blade speeds/feeds to optimise blade life and to change and store Saw Blades in a safe manner.
- To manage the Blades stock levels and report any shortages to Supervision.
- To maintain cutting fluid levels as required
- To Complete/update accurately all in-process documentation as required e.g. Shift Reports /EFACs.
- Undertake other tasks within capabilities, in any department across the business, as requested by the Manager / Supervisor
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Experience of working within a heavy manufacturing environment
- Familiar with sawing special alloy materials
- Computer literate
- Flexible, and promotes good working practices.
- Ability to achieve deadlines and targets consistently.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- High self-motivation and determination to succeed.
Interested parties should submit their CV and cover letter to: Tracy Woodland, HR Advisor, either in writing or via email to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org