Doncasters UK Forgings
Forge A New Career At Doncasters UK Forgings
Doncasters UK Forgings, located in Blaenavon in the heart of the Welsh Valleys, is a specialist manufacturer of superior and high-quality forged components for the gas-turbine industry. Underpinned by our specialist technical knowledge and delivered through impeccable customer service, we deliver competitively-priced products made safely with pride by our passionate workforce.
We are very proud to have been operating in our Blaenavon home since the early twentieth century and now we are seeking a passionate and experienced Machinist who has the metal to help take our business forward.
We want you to come and join our team at this exciting time. In return we offer you an interesting opportunity where you will work in an environment that will support you and your development, every step of the way.
- To work as part of a team to achieve departmental KPI’s with respect to Right First Time, On Time in Full, Productivity etc
- To operate manual vertical turning lathes, CNC vertical and horizontal turning lathes, and Mazak 5 axis Mill turning to process product in line with the method of manufacture, ensuring that the relevant standard operating procedure is followed at all times.
- To read and interpret engineering drawings to ensure a conforming product produced to the customer specification.
- Setting of tooling.
- Recording on a daily basis key data and information in accordance with the relevant system and/or process including but not limited to logging production throughput data onto EFACS, raising non-conformance notes, creating and storing data records, writing dimensional reports etc.
- To encourage and actively contribute to a culture of continuous improvement by performing daily TPM, and 5S activities.
- To be actively involved in any process improvement or quality investigation with regard to machine practices or non-conforming product including working with other functions including but not limited to Engineering and Maintenance to help identify machining issues, develop solutions and implement improvements.
- To achieve required Quality Standard, through strict adherence to policies, procedures and documentation.
- Reading and understanding the appropriate Risk Assessments and Work Instructions including assisting in their preparation as necessary.
- Undertake other tasks within capabilities, in any department across the business, as requested by the Manager / Supervisor.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Experience of Manual and CNC machining, and machining special alloy materials is essential.
- Ability to read and interpret 2D engineering drawings is essential.
- Time served apprentice / programming experience is desirable.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, particularly team working.
- High self-motivation and determination to succeed.
We do not require the support of recruitment agencies with this role.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com