Ross & Catherall is a world leading manufacturer of nickel and cobalt based Superalloys for the investment casting industry. Our products are used in critical applications for the automotive, industrial gas turbine and aerospace sectors.
We are looking to recruit a Shift Manager who will be responsible for organising and controlling all pre cast and post cast operations and resources to ensure all programme requirements are met in line with quality standards whilst promoting a safe working environment. The position will report to the Production Manager.
- Ensuring a safe working environment including but not limited to, reporting and investigating all accidents, near misses and hazardous occurrences, taking any necessary action to prevent reoccurrences and ensuring adherence to PPE and safe working practices.
- Ensuring compliance with all quality assurance procedures, escalating any quality issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Planning levels of resource to ensure personnel availability to achieve work plans/schedules.
- Setting clear goals and targets for each shift, ensuring regular monitoring of performance and rapid escalation of issues whilst continuing to identify productivity potential.
- Monitoring and addressing any issues regarding personnel performance such as attendance, time keeping, capability, including carrying out return to work interviews, investigations and/or disciplinary hearings as necessary in line with company procedures.
- Identifying training needs, in line with the operational requirements of the department, and implementing training plans in order to satisfy these needs.
- Communicating progress against productivity and business performance to all team members and to other stakeholders in line with company reporting requirements.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment, ideally with responsibility for multiple departments and/or production process steps.
- Experience of working to quality standards, preferable those relevant to the aerospace industry.
- Strong leadership and people management capabilities, through proven experience.
- A focus and commitment to Quality, Safety and Delivery.
- An ability to react in unpredictable situations in an organised manner.
- Reasoned judgement regarding escalation of matters to more senior staff.
- Experience of working with a MRP system.
Interested parties should submit their CV and a covering letter to: Charlotte Kershaw, Human Resources Advisor, either in writing or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to CKershaw@Doncasters.com