Website Doncasters Ross & Catherall
Ross & Catherall is a world leading manufacturer of nickel and cobalt based Superalloys for the investment casting industry. Our products are used in critical applications for the automotive, industrial gas turbine and aerospace sectors.
We are looking to recruit a Process Engineer, to work in the Production Department, reporting to the Concast Manager. The role of the Process Engineer will be to deliver clear & tangible improvement across the Concast manufacturing processes & activities.
- Ensure safety & quality considerations are paramount and that all Company policies, procedures are complied with at all times.
- Engage & support employees in Process Improvement Initiatives across Concast activities.
- Establish & maintain KPI’s to monitor and analyse trends in process performance, and to identify and prioritise improvement activities.
- Undertake Process Improvement activities using DMAIC principles & Lean / 6 Sigma practises.
- Undertake SMED & Kaizen activities within the Concast area. Support 5S activities within Concast.
- Generate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions.
- Support new product introduction and development.
- Support Process Improvement Initiatives, as required, across the site.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Degree qualified in process, mechanical, chemical or manufacturing engineering.
- Conversant with and experience of working within a Lean / Six Sigma environment.
- Black Belt in Six Sigma is advantageous.
- Experience of CAD or Solid Works is desirable.
- Experience of Minitab is desirable.
To apply for this job email your details to CKershaw@Doncasters.com