Doncasters Precision Castings - Deritend
Develop and maintain the metallurgical integrity of investment castings. The candidate will provide engineering and technical support for a family of Industrial Gas Turbine (IGT) castings in our Turbine Aerofoils Business. The role supports new product development as well as legacy product improvement.
The ideal candidate would be a pro-active experienced engineer with the ability to interpret available data and implement a series of actions to bring about an efficient manufacturing process. The role is suited to a highly self-motivated individual who can operate with minimal supervision.
- Development metallurgical casting process to meet customer specifications while achieving target costs.
- Provide program management for an individual portfolio of cast parts.
- Continuously reduce cost to manufacture through improvement projects and waste reduction activities.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing problems and provide root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Develop and create written manufacturing process instructions for investment cast product.
- Work concurrently with customers to improve manufacturability of castings.
- Maintain customer relationships.
- Any other duties that may be reasonably required by the business.
- Assist effective implementation of Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) management systems within any Business Improvement; Continuous Improvement and Special Project activities across DPC–D.
- Support the HSE policy implementation, objectives, targets and management programmes.
- Ensure that any procurement of new plant, equipment, process or materials supplied meet all legal obligations and internal standards.
- Liaise with the health and HSE team for specific guidance on variation the current and existing standard elements of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards and certification.
- Ensure that that all associated HSE documentation including risk assessments, safe systems of work, method statements, change management documentation (PESHR) and mandatory and statutory records are carried out where required.
- Ensure that all contracts and sub-contractors are proven competent and capable of carrying out their tasks safely using prescribed Safe Systems of Work identified through the use of Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Support and promote a Health & Safety culture by complying with all aspects of HSE policy and procedures including ensuring that Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements are adhered to at all times.
- The work can be heavy in nature; therefore, a good general level of fitness is required.
- A good level of vision (with the aid of contact lenses or glasses if needed) is required.
- Capable of standing for long periods of time.