Doncasters Precision Casting - New England
Doncasters Precision Castings, located in Groton, CT is seeking an X-Ray Technician Level II to join our team during a period of growth. We offer competitive rates of pay and excellent career opportunities for those who wish to progress, with relocation packages for the right candidates.
Principle Responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
• Radiographic inspection of Investment Castings
• Review x-ray film for acceptance to inspection criteria
• Develop x-ray techniques for complex casting geometries
• Assist in training and RT Level I as required
• Assist in auditing x-ray process to ensure compliance to NADCAP and AS9100
• Must hold NAS 410 Level II certification on RT
• Works under general supervision performing inspection functions on castings following established nondestructive testing inspection methods.
• Interprets castings processed through the process and certifies the conformance of the castings to customer’s requirements.
• Attends training sessions as required.
• Follows all established housekeeping and safety practices.
• Maintains related charts, records, reports and sketches.
• Requires ability to pass visual acuity test.
• Ability to pass Level II written and practical tests.
• Ability to complete specialized Radiographic Training 40 hours (for a total of 80 hours which includes the 40 hours for Level I)
• Complete a total of 1200 hours of O.J.T (for a total of 1600 hours of O.J.T. which includes the 400 hours for Level I)
• Candidate’s previous training and experience must be documented to be applied.
• Perform any other duties assigned by Supervisor or Level III, or member of management.
Competencies and Behaviors:
Customer focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Action orientated: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Plans and aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organisational goals.
Ensures accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Drives results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Courage: Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
Instils trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Self-development: Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
To apply for this job email your details to Recruit@doncasters.com