Website Doncasters - MECO
Primary Purpose of Role
The primary purpose of the Off-Shift Supervisor is to directly supervise and coordinate the activities of the off-shift crew to support Meco’s operations.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, processes, equipment performance and quality product.
- Initiates, suggests or implements plans to motivate workers to achieve goals.
- Maintains product quality accountability through evaluation, inspection, and analysis of worker and part efficiency levels of the production process.
- Records required documents, reports, and information necessary for upper management analysis.
- Attends assigned meetings to articulate reports, documents and information for the successful implementation of the production process.
- Confers with workers, fellow team leaders, and supervisors to coordinate activities in individual or related departments to ensure a sequential production process.
- Inspects, evaluates and analyzes products or work in progress and/or the finished product (stamp & start).
- Examines machines for existing or pre-existing malfunctions and reports/documents condition.
- Provides direction and leadership to team members to achieve daily production, schedules, and requirements.
- Provides employee performance data for upper management evaluation.
- Additional responsibilities:
- Maintain housekeeping at and around department. Apply 6S principles to all areas of the plant.
- Wear all personal protective equipment necessary to task and area.
- Follow all quality systems and Meco, Inc. operating procedures as applies to certifications, duties and training matrix.
- Follow all Meco rules and regulations, including safety rules.
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary by management.
Key Performance Measures
- Job Close Variances
Competencies and Behaviors:
- Customer focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Action orientated: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Plans and aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organisational goals.
- Ensures accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Drives results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Courage: Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
- Instills trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Self-development: Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Leadership skills and abilities, team -oriented approach, good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, blueprints, diagrams and technical correspondence, and present information in a reliable fashion to small groups or one on one.
- Good math skills including add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, metric or decimal, and compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
- Capacity to demonstrate skills and certifications for all tasks and performance duties in assigned areas of disciplines and apply common sense approach to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Eligible to work for any employer in the USA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Leadership, Business Admin or similar related degree programs.
- Experience in lieu of education considered for candidates with significant experience as a manufacturing supervisor.
- Five years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Facility budget constraints
- Cost savings initiatives
- Internal and external customer deadlines
To apply for this job email your details to HRMeco@doncasters.com