Website Doncasters Bramah
Made in Sheffield 2018 Award Winners
To provide manufacturing engineering capability to ensure that new products and processes are introduced in an effective and timely manner to cost and timescale targets. To ensure effective business operation through the identification and implementation of best practices and new technologies.
To manage New Product Introduction from Contract Review through to successful Validation into Production. This is to include, but is not limited to:
* Communication with all relevant departments and personnel within the business to ensure that project requirements are met;
* Communication with customers and suppliers with regard to engineering and technical matters;
* Training and ‘hands on’ assistance for Operations personnel throughout the development process where required.
* To take responsibility for Process Planning through the:
* Creation, amendment and control of Part Records, Bills of Material and Manufacturing Routings within the company’s ERP system;
* Calculation and allocation of Standard Hour content within Manufacturing Routings to facilitate monitoring of operational efficiency, accurate capacity planning and support of financial and commercial processes;
* Identification of the requirements for Tooling, Data Cards, Manufacturing Stage Drawings, CNC programs, CMM programs, Technique Sheets etc;
* Preparation and submission of relevant documentation where customer approval of processes is required;
* To ensure that all methods of manufacture meet the latest customer specifications and requirements.
* To lead Engineering Change and Document Control:
* The assessment of changes to customer or third party technical requirements to identify any impacts to the business;
* Communication of change through relevant departments within the business;
* Control and release of technical documentation to Operations to ensure that it is available at the point of use.
* To support the Capital Investment process through identification, justification and introduction of new equipment and technologies.
* To provide support to Operations to ensure that the business plan and customer requirements are met.
* To resolve engineering related problems through effective Root Cause Analysis and Root Cause Corrective Action methodologies.
* To lead engineering related projects which are identified as being key to the improvement of business performance.
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Clear communication
• Effective time management
• Team player
• Innovative and embraces change
• Highly motivated
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Experience in aerospace/automotive manufacturing facility
• Experience of a range of relevant manufacturing processes
If you have the drive, passion and skills to succeed and want great career opportunities, to work with a great team and be part of one of the oldest manufacturing organisations in the Country then apply now.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com