Made in Sheffield 2018 Award Winners
Doncasters Bramah are currently looking for a Lead Tooling Engineer who will be responsible in ensuing that tooling & fixtures for all products and processes are designed and developed to deliver the targeted performance & are introduced in an effective and timely manner to achieve budgeted costs and timescale targets.
- To support the development of local strategies to deliver business growth, through compiling market intelligence on the customers, build platforms, new technologies and competitors.
- To actively seek out business growth opportunities from existing or new customers which are aligned to the site/ divisional strategy. Support the RFQ, process through to final bid approval, utilising the site controls (Gated reviews). Follow-up on submitted bids with the customer Won or lost, to summarise & feedback the lessons learnt to the business.
- To actively seek out growth opportunities through completing supplier evaluations to identify product transfer through the make / buy process.
- To complete benchmarking audits during customer/ supplier visit to highlight best practice operational performance, processes, procedures, & new technologies.
- To provide the organisation with tooling & fixtures for new business that deliver conforming products through robust & repeatable processes, ensuring that the business plans and customer COS requirements are consistently achieved.
- To support the manufacturing Engineers close out the tooling ECR’S/ NCR’S, ensuring they are completed in the agreed SLA & the resolution is communicated to the appropriate personnel. Monitor status against deployed KPI’S.
- To support the Capital Investment process through the identification, justification and introduction of new equipment and technologies to support business growth.
- To coordinate & control the tooling budget, prepare & circulate monthly up-dates.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Significant tooling design experience
- HNC or above, or significant industry experience
- Project Management
- Aerospace industry (or similar)
- Manufacturing processes (welding, forming, machining)
- Tooling supplier management
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com