Website Doncasters Bramah
Made in Sheffield 2018 Award Winners
Doncasters Bramah, Sheffield is currently recruiting an Operations Managers to join the Operations team who will set the strategic direction for the Aerostructures Business Unit ensuring that resources are appropriately utilised to maximise business performance and achieve departmental and organisational targets. The role is responsible for making improvements and driving the business units forward using the relevant production and people management tools.
- To set departmental targets and KPIs that fully support the achievement of the PDP targets, namely: a. OTIF b. Productivity c. Health, Safety & Environment d. Lean savings
- To be responsible for departmental performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and targets, monitoring progress regularly and ensuring realistic recovery plans are adhered to in order to address areas of underperformance.
- To optimise the utilisation of resources so that business targets are met or exceeded and constraints within the manufacturing areas are removed.
- To implement continuous improvement techniques and tools to deliver bottom line savings to the business, including TPM, 6S, Kaizen and Six Sigma.
- To identify inefficiencies utilising OEE techniques, e.g. MOST, and remove these to ensure efficient recovery of labour hours using optimal manning levels.
- To ensure the Quality Clinic process is adhered to so as to remove the cause of non-conformances.
- To support the introduction of new products and processes in to the business, ensuring continuity of supply to the customer.
- To support capital expenditure programmes to deliver the identified cost benefits.
- To manage communication appropriately within your area of responsibility and between departments/functions to ensure efficient team working and to ensure people are sufficiently informed.
- To fully utilise performance management tools, including appraisals, skills matrices and the capability procedure, to manage and develop the skills and performance of your direct reports and the people in your area of responsibility.
- To direct all Health, Safety and Environmental activities in your area of responsibility to ensure compliance with current and future legislative requirements.
- The successful candidate will have experience of leading Operations teams to perform successfully against KPIs, developing and implementing strategic plans, and delivering cost reduction projects. Applicants should have strong IT skills, excellent communication skills and an ability to resolve complex problems promptly and at the root cause. Knowledge of the EFACS MRP system would be an advantage.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com