Ross & Catherall Ltd, located near Sheffield in the UK, is a world leader in the manufacture and supply of vacuum and air melted ferrous, nickel and cobalt base alloy and superalloy barstock to the investment casting industry. The company has been producing barstock since the early 1960s and has maintained its position as Europe’s leading barstock manufacturer through growth and continuous investment, with an enviable international reputation for high quality and dependability. Ross & Catherall’s alloys can be found across a wide range of performance critical applications as diverse as turbine blades, nozzle guide vanes and other components for aero engines and large land based gas turbines, hot-end turbocharger wheels, medical implants, and other special components requiring high metallurgical integrity. Ross & Catherall hold approvals from most of the world’s leading OEMs in these fields.
Click here for a PDF download of the Doncasters Policy Against Use of Conflict Minerals document.
Vacuum melted conventionally and continuously cast superalloys and airmelted alloys for the industrial gas turbine (IGT), aerospace, automotive and medical markets
BS EN ISO9001:2015, AS9100 Rev. C, BS EN ISO14001:2015, BS EN ISO17025:2005 (UKAS), Nadcap (18 month merit status), OHSAS 18001:2007
Leading OEM Approvals Including:
Rolls-Royce RR9000 SABRe, AETC, Honeywell Engines & Systems, Allied Signal, Snecma
- Advanced vacuum induction melting (VIM) from 500 – 8,000 kg (1,000 lb – 8.8 tons)
- Airmelt capacity up to 2,300 kg (5,000 lb)
- Continuously cast vacuum superalloys
- Alloys for directionally solidified and single crystal applications
- Cobalt, nickel and iron base superalloys
- Barstock diameter from 32 – 175 mm (1.25 – 6.8 in.)
- Billet weight from 2 – 240 kg (4.4 – 530 lb), cut to weight, notched, fractured or rotary cut
- Ground and shot blast finish using virgin, recycled and refined scrap according to customers specifications