Our UK Graduate Programme is designed to help you develop a broad and deep knowledge of our business and your chosen discipline.
The two-year programme combines various placement opportunities with experiential learning, focused training and personal development. From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and immersed in our business, immediately working on live projects. In addition to the rotational work placements, graduates will be supported with a Graduate Development Programme, designed to develop their broader work skills, from continuous improvement techniques and project management skills to tips on building networks and managing careers.
We recognise the importance of development in terms of helping you achieve your personal ambitions and deliver against our business goals. As a graduate at Doncasters, we will provide you with training and development to help you develop your business skills, build your professional network and achieve your full potential. Because we understand that the early stages of your career can be daunting and full of new experiences, you will be assigned a mentor who can advise and guide you when you need that extra bit of support.
Successful candidates will have a minimum 2.2 Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Material Science discipline, be eligible to work in the UK and must demonstrate:
- An enthusiasm for taking on new opportunities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- A methodical and structured approach to work, with a commitment to doing your best and delivering on your promises.
- An ability to collaborate effectively with wide variety of people and build strong partnerships.
- A drive for self-development.
Scheme benefits include:
- Starting salary of £25,000
- £2,000 ‘Welcome’ payment
- Graduate Development Training Programme
- Regular development reviews
- 33 days’ holiday per year
- Competitive pension scheme
The scheme will open for new applications in early 2019.